D.I.Y. Pie Pop Favors
Who doesn’t love edible favors? These easy to make pie pops are the perfect choice for weddings, birthdays or dinner parties and are sure to impress your guests!
The amazing folks at Pillsbury® were kind enough to share their recipe for making your own Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Pop favors, it’s easy to make (not to mention incredibly delicious) so put on your favorite apron and bake away!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (makes 8 pie pops):
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, thawed, chopped, drained, juice reserved
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup frozen chopped rhubarb, thawed
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 8 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1/2-inch round cutter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, if desired
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk, if desired
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat oven to 450°F. In bowl, place reserved strawberry juice. In another bowl, mix 1/3 cup granulated sugar and the cornstarch; using whisk, beat into reserved strawberry juice. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb.
2. Remove pie crusts from pouches; unroll on work surface. Using 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut out 16 rounds (8 rounds per crust). Place 8 rounds on ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon strawberry-rhubarb mixture evenly onto each round to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place 1 craft stick in filling of each.
3. Flatten remaining rounds to 4 inches in diameter. Brush underside of each round with egg white; place over fruit. Press edges together; seal with fork. Cut small slit on top of each. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, dividing evenly among pops.
4. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes before serving. Mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth, adding milk until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over pops; let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
(For tasty alterations, replace the strawberry-rhubarb filling with 1 cup of your favorite canned pie filling – cherry, blueberry or apple)
Tags: DIY, Event Design, event planner, fashion, party favor, pie pop, Pillsbury, something fabulous, strawberry rhubarb, Style, trend, wedding favor
You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.