Posts Tagged ‘planner’
With Summer here and the bright sun shining, what better time to find the perfect summer hat! With so many styles to choose from we decided to share a few of our favorites.
1. Wide Brim Floppy – Who doesn’t love a wide brim floppy hat. This classic style will keep you looking fabulous all summer long.
2. Straw Chambray Trilby Hat – Just as J Crew puts it “Dapper Defined” This classic straw woven hat sets the stage for a stylish summer. We’re obsessed with the chambray striped band.
3. Biltmore Panama Hat – This style hat may have been the gentlemen’s hat for centuries but it sure look on the ladies this seasons.
4. Floppy Hat with Decorative Scarf – The perfect hat for any outfit. Just pick your favorite scarf and viola your look is complete.
What hat will you be wearing this season?
Whether you’re picking up sparklers or going to see your local fireworks display, be sure to celebrate this fourth of July with a big bang!
When working with clients and talking about their design style, we always ask them what they love and where their inspiration comes from. So many times the answers are right in front of us but we have to think about what it is that truly touches our heart and spirit. From the invitations to the wrapped votives, and from from the table cards to custom chargers, this special wedding filled with personal details was inspired by the love of literature.
The invitation is the first impression of your wedding. Remember that the style and design of your invite will set the tone for your special day. This book-style invitation was a perfect prelude to this literature-inspired day.
Vintage books acted as table cards – this was a special process as the bride and groom each selected their favorite literary pieces. Also adorning the tables were custom wrapped votives that displayed favorite passages, quotes and poems of the couple’s choosing.
Custom wrapped mini faux books were created for place cards and favor holders. Each book displayed the guest’s name on the spine while opening to their table name. Chilmark chocolates added to the delight of these mini books, with a mini scroll sharing the story of the couple’s favorite date to the chocolatier on Martha’s Vineyard.
Vintage books were incorporated throughout the venue (even hidden in the floral displays). Custom chargers were also created to incorporate the couple’s love of literature, they were also a keepsake for the bride and groom after their wedding day.
At the end of the day, the significance behind the details are what make the difference for any celebration. Whatever your love may be, whether it’s a color, pattern or favorite pastime, be sure to be inspired by your pieces and showcase your love whatever it may be.
Are you heading to the beach this summer, but not quite sure what to bring along? Check out SF’s beach bag essentials below! These great finds will have you ready to enjoy a relaxing vacation with the family and friends.
1. California Baby SPF 30+ Sunscreen – Great sunscreen for anyone with sensitive skin. No chemicals and plenty of protection with SPF 30!
2. Coola Liplux SPF 30 – Keep your lips safe from the sun with this lip balm, perfect for the beach!
3. Lauren Ralph Lauren Beach Towel – Think about a designer beach towel this season. With so many styles to choose from, there’s no excuse to hit the beach with a plain old towel.
4. Shore Road Picnic Romper – Perfect for wearing on the sand as a bathing suit coverup, or to a dinner at the end of the day.
5. Fujifilm Weather-Proof Digital Camera – Capture the fun with this sand and waterproof camera. For you water enthusiasts, you can take even take photos at 16 feet under!
6. Ray-Ban Folding Aviators – Ray-Bans are our favorite glasses this year and now they’re even more convenient! Foldable and storeable, these glasses come with their own carrying case, making it easy to bring them along.
7. Apple iPod Shuffle – Who doesn’t love music at the beach? This perfect-sized player will have you jamming to your favorite playlist.
8. LL Bean Open-Top Boat and Tote Bag – Tried and true, nothing compares to the good ol’ LL Bean carry tote. Loved it back then, still a favorite today. With so many sizes to choose from, the extra large is perfect for all of your beach necessities.
Following our Love Story post on Monday, we were pleasantly surprised when a few of our wonderful followers sent us their own Father’s Day reflections:
1. Dave about his daughter, Samantha - A friend of mine was gripping one day that since having kids he doesn’t get to go out with the boys or party like he used to, and that, due to the kids, his life was pretty much over. I stopped in my tracks, just dumbfounded by his statement. I told him that while I can remember my single life, and I can remember dating then marrying my wife, those memories are like faded photos in a book. I told him that I didn’t really start living until Samantha was born. I live for her.
2. Mike about his daughter, Amelia – I’ll never forget the moment my beautiful wife, Kimberly, handed me a card that had a picture of a sleeping baby on the cover. Initially puzzled, I remember the elation I felt as the meaning of the cryptic verse she had written inside became clear – I was going to be a Dad! What swiftly followed was a rapid succession of other emotions: concern for Kimmie, doubts about my maturity and readiness, realization that my life was about to change, determination to prepare and adapt. Wow! I mean, WOW! Around 7 months later, I experienced a similar bewildering mix of emotions. We did not know beforehand whether we were going to have a boy or a girl, but the sleeping little newborn in my arms was quite clearly a girl! How on Earth was I going to cope with having a daughter? What kind of person would this fragile, vulnerable little bundle become? Are dirty diapers as bad as everyone says? I needn’t have worried. From the moment I saw her big, blue eyes and her pouting bottom lip, I was in love! Now nearly 7 years old, Amelia has grown into a cheerful, bright and beautiful little girl who sings wherever she goes, yet who debates like a lawyer. I still glow inside and smile every time I think of her! Through her, I have re-discovered my inner child and the art of having fun! My greatest pleasure is when I put her to bed each night, reading her stories then singing her to sleep with my guitar. Still, nothing can compare to the joy I feel when she hugs me and tells me “I love you, Dada!”. Being a Dad is such a wonderful thing!
3. Kurt about his daughter, Lindsay – It is a privilege to see the world from the perspective of a father. Experiencing the triumphs and defeats, and joys and sorrows with one’s child gives great strength to a man’s soul.
Our thanks go out to all the fathers who shared and we wish everyone a very happy Father’s Day!
As a follow-up to our DIFY post, we wanted to share one of our favorite inspiration finds. Check out SugarBoo Designs! These notebooks come in three styles: For My Beautiful Child, For the One I Love, and For My Dear Friend. Who doesn’t love fun, functional, and inspirational? Just as SugarBoo explains, “Each stub has its own lovely message. Tear off and scatter into the world as you please…tuck one under a pillow or inside a lunchbox! Throw one on a dashboard or sneak it into a pocket! String onto a gift or hide inside a book! Roll it up and float it out to sea! Anything is possible – anything can be!”
We believe in the power of surrounding yourself with positive thoughts and messages. What better way to D.I.F.Y than by filling your home and office with your favorite quotes and mantras, anything that inspires you in your everyday life.
For a DIY breakout tip, find a chalkboard decal from WallCandyArts or make your own, and change out your quote monthly.
There’s nothing like the love of a father for his child. It was touching to read these messages from fathers to their children in honor of this special day.
1. Kenny about his daughter, Joy - The first time I saw my first daughter, I wrote down a phrase on a piece of paper: “Finally, I have the chance to see you, little creature! Just by looking at you, my full body will melt!!!”
2. Tommy to his daughter, Winifred (Winnie) - Becoming a father is one of the most magical, emotional and proudest days of my life. I feel so blessed to be lucky enough to experience watching each day as my daughter Winnie blossoms into a beautiful soul. It’s the little moments with her that mean the most to me, like holding her asleep in my arms a few minutes longer before I put her down, watching her first everything and sharing with my wife the funny little things she did that made me laugh so hard I couldn’t help but share. I hold onto each and every smile, gaze and memory like a treasure. In this lifetime all I want to be is the best parent I can and to hold her hand and guide her through life, keeping her safe from harm and allowing her to shine like the sun.
3. William IV to his son, William V - “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be, A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be.” I thought I knew happiness and joy prior to the birth of my son, but I met them the day he was born. My son is truly the greatest gift this world has offered me and I am eternally grateful. My mission as a father is to raise my son to be the man that I was raised to be and to lead him with a firm, but gentle hand. I was blessed to have been brought up by what I deem the best dad in the world. My son carries his name and will always get all of the attention, direction, and love I have to give in order to prepare him to pave his own way, just as my dad did for me.
Reading these reflections warmed our hearts and we were excited to be able to share these endearing words of love with our readers. No matter what father figure you play, we’ve learned from above that the little moments are what fatherhood is all about. If you have a Father’s Day story or reflection, we’d love for you to share it with us.
This season, a lightweight flowing dress is a closet necessity, perfect for everyday outings, date nights, and parties. Check out five of our favorite must-have dresses for this season that are sure to have you looking your best:
1. Rachel Zoe Gown- Beau Ruffle Dress
2. Forever21- High Low Ditsy Floral Dress
3. Katie Ermilio- Draped 2-in-1 Dress
4. Woodblock Wonder- Strapless Dress
5. Madewell- Tunic Dress
We’d love to hear about your favorite summertime dress for this season!
As event detail experts, we are always inspired by patterns and design trends. While at the New York Stationery show last week we couldn’t help but notice so many great patterns popping up everywhere, especially chevron, one of our favorites. You’ll find this fun pattern in home, fashion and of course paper.
Loving these paper details? You can get them through Something Fabulous by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org